Cloudflare is a connection between a domain registrar and a user.
If you have a domain, which you want to connect to Short.cm, Cloudflare may become your DNS configurator.
Learn the instruction below on how to configure a domain name with Cloudflare.
1. Sign in to Cloudflare.
2. Add your domain to Cloudflare.
3. Input the Cloudflare nameservers to your domain registrar.
Note: The example of a domain registrar is GoDaddy
- Copy Cloudflare nameservers.
- Go to your domain registrar.
- Next to the necessary domain choose DNS settings.
- Change existing nameservers.
- Add custom Cloudflare nameservers. Save.
4. Wait a few hours and click on "Recheck Nameservers."
5. When domain is active, select a "DNS" icon.
6. Delete all A-records.
7. Add "A" record with @ name and 220.127.116.11; 18.104.22.168 values (Short.cm IPs). Save.
8. Go to your Short.cm account. Click the "+" icon.
9. Choose the second option - Best choice. Click "Use spare."
10. Input the domain to the field. Connect. Now the domain is inactive.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in the domain settings on Short.cm.
Watch a step-by-step video instruction to avoid obstacles while configuring a domain.