Name.com is a domain provider, where you can buy a domain name for short branded links.
For shortening links in Short.cm, you have to add your domain or to use a generic one "smth.shortcm.li." If you don't have a domain, you can acquire it from Short.cm or any domain registrar. The advantage of buying a domain from Short.cm is that the domain will be active at once.
If you acquire a domain from the registrar, you have to follow some activation steps.
Learn the instruction below on how to add a Name.com domain to Short.cm account.
1. Sign in Name.com platformand buy an available domain.
2. Go to your Short.cm account. Click the "+" icon.
3. Choose the second option — Best choice. Click "Use spare."
4. Input the domain to the field. Connect. Now the domain is inactive.
5. Go to your Name.com account again.
6. Choose "My domains" at the top of the page.
7. Click "Quick links" next to the domain.
8. Choose "DNS Record Management."
9. If you configure:
- a domain — delete all unnecessary records;
- a subdomain — do not delete records of the domain you already own.
10. Add "A-record" with "@" host and 188.8.131.52 answer (an IP address, which connects Name.com and Short.cm).
11. Click on "Add record."
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.cm domain settings.
The video guide below helps you quickly configure a Name.com domain.