Namecheap is a domain registrar, where you can buy an available domain or subdomain name.
For shortening links in Short.cm, you have to add your domain or to use a generic one "smth.shortcm.li." If you don't have a domain, you can acquire it from Short.cm or any domain registrar. The advantage of buying a domain from Short.cm is that the domain will be active at once.
If you acquire a domain from the registrar, you have to follow some activation steps.
Learn the instruction below on how to add a Namecheap domain to Short.cm account.
1. Sign in Namecheap and buy an available domain.
2. Go to your Short.cm account. Click the "+" icon.
3. Choose the second option - Best choice. Click Use spare.
4. Input the domain to the field. Connect. Now the domain is inactive.
5. Go to your Namecheap account.
6. Click "Manage" next to your domain.
7. Click the "Advanced DNS" tab.
8. Choose "Add a new record".
9. Add "A-record", "@" Host and 18.104.22.168 IP address (it connects Namecheap and Short.cm).
10. If you configure:
- a domain — delete all unnecessary records of the domain;
- a subdomain — learn the Namecheap subdomain setup guide.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.cm domain settings.
Watch the video instruction to configure a Namecheap domain.