GoDaddy is the most popular domain provider among existed ones. The number of GoDaddy users is the largest compared with other registrars.
For shortening links in Short.cm, you have to add your domain name or to use a generic one "smth.shortcm.li." If you don't have a domain, you can acquire it from Short.cm or any domain registrar. The advantage of buying a domain from Short.cm is that the domain will be active at once.
If you acquire a domain from the registrar, you have to follow some activation steps.
Learn the instruction below on how to add a GoDaddy domain to Short.cm account.
1. Sign in GoDaddy and buy an available domain name.
2. Go to your Short.cm account. Click the "+" icon.
3. Choose the second option - Best choice. Click "Use spare".
4. Input the domain to the field. Connect. Now the domain is inactive.
5. Go to the GoDaddy account, open "My products" page. You will see a domain list.
6. Click on "DNS" next to your domain.
7. If you configure:
- a domain — delete all unnecessary records of the domain;
- a subdomain — learn the GoDaddy subdomain setup guide.
8. Add "A-record" with "@" host, and input 220.127.116.11 IP address (it connects GoDaddy and Short.cm).
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.cm domain settings.
The video tutorial below helps you configure a GoDaddy domain.