Gandi.net is a domain registrar, where you can buy an available domain or subdomain name. Gandi provides many domain names up to 700 extensions.
For shortening links in Short.cm, you have to add your domain name or to use a generic one "smth.shortcm.li." If you don't have a domain, you can acquire it from Short.cm or any domain registrar. The advantage of buying a domain from Short.cm is that the domain will be active at once.
If you acquire a domain from the registrar, you have to follow some activation steps.
Learn the instruction below on how to add a Gandi domain to Short.cm account.
1. Sign in Gandi service and buy an available domain.
2. Go to your Short.cm account. Click the "+" icon.
3. Choose the second option — Best choice. Click "Use spare."
4. Input the domain to the field. Connect. Now the domain is inactive.
5. Go to your Gandi account and choose "Domains" from the left.
6. Choose a necessary domain.
7. Click "DNS records."
8. If you configure:
- a domain — delete all unnecessary records of the domain;
- a subdomain — do not delete records of the domain you already own.
9. Click "Add."
10. Add "A-record" with "@" name and 188.8.131.52 IP address (it connects Gandi and Short.cm).
11. Choose "Create."
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.cm domain settings.
Watch the video instruction to avoid obstacles while configuring a domain.