1&1 is a platform where you can buy domains for both the website and short branded links.
For shortening links on Short.cm, you need to add a domain, which isn't used, or to use a generic domain "smth.shortcm.li", or to add a subdomain to the domain you currently use for the website/blog.
If you don't have a domain, you can purchase it from Short.cm or any domain registrar. The advantage of buying a domain from Short.cm is that the domain will be active at once.
If you buy a domain on a registrar, follow some activation steps. Learn the instruction below on how to add a 1&1 domain to Short.cm account.
1. Sign in 1&1 platform and buy an available domain name.
2. Go to your Short.cm account. Click the "+" icon.
3. Choose the second option - Best choice. Click "Use spare".
4. Input the domain to the field. Connect. Now the domain is inactive.
5. Go to 1&1 account and click "Manage domains" next to the necessary domain.
6. Choose "DNS" tab.
7. If you configure:
- a domain — delete all unnecessary records;
- a subdomain — do not delete records of the domain you already own.
8. Click "Add record."
9. Add A-record, @ Host and 184.108.40.206 Value.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in the domain settings on Short.cm.
Watch a step-by-step video instruction to avoid obstacles while configuring a domain.